Today Show Awareness Campaign

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Introduction

It seems that everyone has a blog these days.  I hate being just one more, but I have a story and I want to share.  Not only will it give me an outlet, but a voice.  Hopefully it will give you knowledge, understanding and compassion in the area rare of diseases and a family's journey.

Our daughter, now a teenager, has been diagnosed with three rare disorders; Cold Induced Urticaria, Dysautonomia and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.  Among these disorders are many regular diagnoses such as migraines, neuropathy, hives, hypoglycemia, and many others.

I will share the milestones of our journey, the stumbles, the successes, the acceptance.  I will also share information about the conditions themselves.  I hope to bring awareness for others like her, acceptance and awareness among peers and physicians.

This is our journey as we are in rare company, looking beyond the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment